- Announcing the call for papers for the Sensing in Water 2019 conference, 25-26 Sept 2019, Nottingham Belfry
- Announcing the winner of the SWIG 2018 Early Career Researcher prize!
- Water 4.0 & the wastewater cycle – SWIG event write up
- SWIG 2018 Photography competition!
- The 2018 SWIG Early Career Researcher Prize
Data Standards and Protocols for Real Time Communications in the Water Industry 22 January 2014
March 26th, 2014
Kindly hosted by Severn Trent Water, and chaired by Laurie Reynolds of Aquamatix, this workshop was attended by 40 delegates and generated some good discussion around data standards and protocols, and indeed whether set protocols can be avoided as long as the right technology is used. We heard about TAUWI and WITS, messaging protocols, ‘Weightless’ technology, the water company perspective, BIM, SWIM, web and geospatial standards and finally about smart analytics and future proofing.