- Announcing the call for papers for the Sensing in Water 2019 conference, 25-26 Sept 2019, Nottingham Belfry
- Announcing the winner of the SWIG 2018 Early Career Researcher prize!
- Water 4.0 & the wastewater cycle – SWIG event write up
- SWIG 2018 Photography competition!
- The 2018 SWIG Early Career Researcher Prize
Smart Wastewater Networks from Micro to Macro
March 29th, 2017
What does it mean for a wastewater network to be “Smart”? What is the wastewater industry hoping to achieve by going on a “Smart” Journey?
It is a subject that has rattled around the water and wastewater industries for many years and yet most of the focus has been on the potable water network side of the business where the obvious gain is reducing non-revenue water. However in the past few years the value of acting more “intelligently” in the wastewater network…nay the wastewater system has come more to the forefront as the value of taking a similar journey to our potable water colleagues comes to bear.
Oliver Grievson, Flow Compliance & Regulatory Efficiency Manager, Anglian Water explored the future solutions that can be provided – to read the full article please see Water Briefing, 29 March 2017
SWIG held a workshop on Smart Wastewater Networks on 8 March 2017 and which the article is partly based on – attend our events to stay up to date with the latest developments in water sensors and associated technologies!