- Announcing the call for papers for the Sensing in Water 2019 conference, 25-26 Sept 2019, Nottingham Belfry
- Announcing the winner of the SWIG 2018 Early Career Researcher prize!
- Water 4.0 & the wastewater cycle – SWIG event write up
- SWIG 2018 Photography competition!
- The 2018 SWIG Early Career Researcher Prize
Radiological protection in the water industry
July 4th, 2013
Hosted jointly by SWIG and Radiological Incidentals, and with the support of Nuclear Matters, the RSC WSF & SCI, this well attended workshop was held at Culham Conference Centre, with an amazing opportunity to visit the Joint European Torus facility at Culham (fusion reactor test facility). 53 delegates were briefed on the radiological quality of potable waters, the behaviour of radionucliotides in water and sewage treatment works, and the radiological protection of works’ personnel, as well as options for monitoring and actions managers should take when facing emergency situations. Informative presentations were given by the DWI, Health Protection England, the Radioactivity Sub-group Water Laboratory Mutual Aid Group, LG Standards, BSI, Liverpool John Moores University and the Belgium Institute for Radioelements.