- ‘Exciting time’ for sensors says OFWAT
- Nutrient monitoring Press Release: Successful trials with Wessex Water of flexible catchment permitting
- Announcing the call for papers for the Sensing in Water 2019 conference, 25-26 Sept 2019, Nottingham Belfry
- Announcing the winner of the SWIG 2018 Early Career Researcher prize!
- Water 4.0 & the wastewater cycle – SWIG event write up
Smart Operation in Wastewater Workshop 12 March 2014
March 26th, 2014
Chaired by: Oliver Grievson, Anglian Water
We had a fantastic line of speakers from Rob Whittaker of the UK Environment Agency, to Lorenzo Benedetti (who came all the way from Italy) and others from Academia and suppliers such as Flowline, Siemens, Trusense & Perceptive APC. Those who came were certainly not to be disappointed as what followed was a highly enlightening and honest workshop from all. The Environment Agency talking about a flexible approach to permitting and we heard the potential that if we adopted an integrated urban modelling approach better standards of discharge to the environment can actually be achieve for lower operating costs. We then saw actual examples from Europe.