- Call for training videos for the water sensor community
- Postponed to 2022: SWIG Early Career Innovation Prize
- Call for papers: SWIG webinar on Biosensors, 28 April
- AquaTech interview with Chris Lumb of Southern Water – our keynote speaker on 3 Feb
- Water Sector Membership Organisations to work more closely
January 23rd, 2013
31 delegates came along to this workshop hosted by Yorkshire Water and chaired by John Proctor of YW, to learn about asset management. Adrian Lacy of Yorkshire Water gave a good overview of asset management, followed by a talk by Paul Deighton on the sustainable Condition Based Maintenance approach. Some case studies were provided by Oliver Grievson of Anglian Water.
Jeremy Jones and Paul Perry of Severn Trent Water gave some detailed examples of the importance of getting the basics right – low cost measures for potentially large savings before investing in high tech equipment. Geoff Walker of Artesis then gave a presentation on general methods of asset management tailored to the water industry. Martin Richardson outlined the use of inverters to provide additional information, followed by a talk on the use of vibration monitoring by Duncan McGregor of IFM.