- Monitoring to manage wastewater
- Holes in the bucket – finding leaks in the distribution network
- Call for papers: SWIG workshop on Instrumentation & Asset Management, 28 Sept
- Call for papers: SWIG workshop on on Sensor-driven artificial intelligence for the water industry, 30 Nov 2022
- SWIG launches 2022 ‘Early Career Innovation Prize’ scientific poster competition
Call for Pitches: SWIG Sensor Sprint, 24 Nov 2021
June 23rd, 2021
Call for Pitches: SWIG/KTN Sensor Sprint, 24 November 2021
Calling all innovative companies, researchers, PhD students, and academics working on sensors and water! Does your research have the potential to transform the water industry? Could your latest widget solve crucial problems for water companies? Perhaps you have a sensing solution in search of a problem?
We are seeking sensing solutions to the 3 major challenges facing the water industry in the next 5 years:
- Network flooding & water pollution
- Achieving net zero carbon emissions
- Leakage & per capita consumption (PCC)
So whether you are working on detection of contaminants and pollution, measurement of flow rates, quantification of processes at treatment plants or anything else that would help address these issues, we want to hear from you! Join our SENSOR SPRINT, a unique opportunity to work with sensor manufacturers, water companies, and other end users to define the challenges of today, and begin to develop the sensors of tomorrow!
Please send your abstract (<100 words) to email@example.com
Deadline for pitches: 30 September 2021
We will be holding an online Sensor Sprint on 24 Nov in collaboration with the KTN expect:
- presentations from water companies outlining these major challenges, followed by
- pitches from innovators with potential solutions, with
- breakout sessions for brainstorming discussions.
The aim is to help establish collaborations to develop solutions into marketable products.
The SWIG/KTN Sensor Sprint is kindly sponsored by ABB.