Call for pitches: SWIG/KTN Sensor Sprint, 24 November 2021
July 27th, 2021
Call for Pitches: SWIG/KTN Sensor Sprint, 24 November 2021
Calling all innovative companies, researchers, PhD students, and academics working on sensors and water! Does your research have the potential to transform the water industry? Could your latest widget solve crucial problems for water companies? Perhaps you have a sensing solution in search of a problem?
We are seeking sensing solutions to the 3 major challenges facing the water industry in the next 5 years:
- Network flooding & water pollution
- Achieving net zero carbon emissions
- Leakage & per capita consumption (PCC)
So whether you are working on detection of contaminants and pollution, measurement of flow rates, quantification of processes at treatment plants or anything else that would help address these issues, we want to hear from you! Join our SENSOR SPRINT, a unique opportunity to work with sensor manufacturers, water companies, and other end users to define the challenges of today, and begin to develop the sensors of tomorrow!
Please send your abstract (<100 words) to email@example.com
Deadline for papers: 30 September 2021
We will be holding an online Sensor Sprint on 24 Nov in collaboration with the KTN expect:
- Presentations from water companies outlining these major challenges;
- Short pitches from researchers, sensor developers, and innovators demonstrating the latest global advances in water sensing technology;
- Facilitated workshop using Mural* to map out how the emerging solutions can address the key challenges, and identify critical areas and opportunities for further research and development; and
- An opportunity to form partnerships and develop a roadmap towards new sensing solutions.
The aim is to help establish collaborations to develop solutions into marketable products.
*Screenshot of Mural