Call for training videos for the water sensor community
March 4th, 2021
The majority of SWIG members who responded to our survey, said they would be interested in a NEW video training library resource on the SWIG website.
This is therefore a call for links to existing informative training videos or user requirements for sensor technology, to help create this new resource for end users and suppliers. We will embed a link to existing videos, organised by category, on a dedicated webpage on the SWIG website.
From the responses received, our members would like to see the following types of videos:
- Training videos on a range of applications for water sensor technology, from different manufacturers e.g. leak detection, water quality, flow measurement
- Sampling methods
- Application videos by end users outlining their requirements (features and methods needed for sensors)
- Explanations of the technology/chemistry behind sensors to improve understanding of how they operate
- Installation, calibration, maintenance and cleaning techniques
- Performance of sensors, troubleshooting
- Lessons learnt on how to improve or develop the design of sensors – why innovation is needed
- Technology improvements over the last 10 years
- University test facilities for sensors
We have received videos about these broad categories:
- Water Quality Sensors
- Flow & Level meters
- Telemetry / IoT / Logging – fewer videos on these topics so far
We are interested in videos on the below subcategories which come under the above 3 broad categories:
- Set up / operation
- Maintenance, calibration, verification
- Applications – more videos needed
- Explanation of the science / technology – more videos needed
We believe this video library will be a valuable resource for our members and the wider sensor community. We would like to remind everyone that SWIG is sensor agnostic; we do not endorse any sensor technology over another. This library will be a list of links without any particular recommendations. We will rely on our members to provide updated links to any new videos over time.
Videos provided should ideally be:
- Short and succinct
- Informative rather than a sales pitch
We will be happy to include a link to a maximum of 3 videos per manufacturer.
We look forward to hearing from you and thank you in advance for your help in creating this valuable resource!
SWIG members are invited to send links to existing videos to firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline extended for submitting links to videos: 31 May 2021 (for creation of video training library)
(More videos will be added beyond this date in batches)
The training video library will be launched in the summer of 2021 on the SWIG website, open to all and may be particularly useful for end users and suppliers – date TBC