- A goodbye and a welcome!
- Monitoring to manage wastewater
- Holes in the bucket – finding leaks in the distribution network
- Call for papers: SWIG workshop on Instrumentation & Asset Management, 28 Sept
- Call for papers: SWIG workshop on on Sensor-driven artificial intelligence for the water industry, 30 Nov 2022
Call for water sensor training videos – ongoing updates
May 20th, 2021
SWIG members said they would be interested in a NEW video training library resource on the SWIG website.
This is therefore a call for links to existing informative training videos or user requirements for sensor technology, to help create this new resource for end users and suppliers. We will embed a link to existing videos, organised by category, on a dedicated webpage on the SWIG website.
We have received videos about these broad categories:
- Water Quality Sensors
- Flow & Level meters
- Telemetry / IoT / Logging – fewer videos on these topics so far
We would like to add in some training videos on:
We are interested in videos on the below subcategories which come under the above 3 broad categories:
- Set up / operation
- Maintenance, calibration, verification
- Applications – more videos needed
- Explanation of the science / technology – more videos needed
We would also be interested to receive links to videos providing an explanation of data analytics and AI and how these can be used to interpret data from sensors.
We believe this video library will be a valuable resource for our members and the wider sensor community. We would like to remind everyone that SWIG is sensor agnostic; we do not endorse any sensor technology over another. This library will be a list of links without any particular recommendations. We will rely on our members to provide updated links to any new videos over time.
Videos provided should ideally be:
- Short and succinct
- Informative rather than a sales pitch
We will be happy to include a link to a maximum of 3 videos per manufacturer.
We look forward to hearing from you and thank you in advance for your help in creating this valuable resource!
SWIG members are invited to send links to existing videos to email@example.com
The training video library will be launched in the summer of 2021 on the SWIG website, open to all and may be particularly useful for end users and suppliers.