- Monitoring to manage wastewater
- Holes in the bucket – finding leaks in the distribution network
- Call for papers: SWIG workshop on Instrumentation & Asset Management, 28 Sept
- Call for papers: SWIG workshop on on Sensor-driven artificial intelligence for the water industry, 30 Nov 2022
- SWIG launches 2022 ‘Early Career Innovation Prize’ scientific poster competition
Data Standards and Protocols for Real Time Communications in the Water Industry 22 January 2014
March 26th, 2014
Kindly hosted by Severn Trent Water, and chaired by Laurie Reynolds of Aquamatix, this workshop was attended by 40 delegates and generated some good discussion around data standards and protocols, and indeed whether set protocols can be avoided as long as the right technology is used. We heard about TAUWI and WITS, messaging protocols, ‘Weightless’ technology, the water company perspective, BIM, SWIM, web and geospatial standards and finally about smart analytics and future proofing.