- Call for papers: SWIG webinar on Biosensors, 28 April
- AquaTech interview with Chris Lumb of Southern Water – our keynote speaker on 3 Feb
- Water Sector Membership Organisations to work more closely
- 2020 Early Career Poster Prize – dates extended to coincide with WWEM 2021
- Finding sense amongst the noise: SiW 2019 write up
Data Standards and Protocols for Real Time Communications in the Water Industry 22 January 2014
March 26th, 2014
Kindly hosted by Severn Trent Water, and chaired by Laurie Reynolds of Aquamatix, this workshop was attended by 40 delegates and generated some good discussion around data standards and protocols, and indeed whether set protocols can be avoided as long as the right technology is used. We heard about TAUWI and WITS, messaging protocols, ‘Weightless’ technology, the water company perspective, BIM, SWIM, web and geospatial standards and finally about smart analytics and future proofing.