- Call for training videos for the water sensor community
- Postponed to 2022: SWIG Early Career Innovation Prize
- Call for papers: SWIG webinar on Biosensors, 28 April
- AquaTech interview with Chris Lumb of Southern Water – our keynote speaker on 3 Feb
- Water Sector Membership Organisations to work more closely
Data Standards and Protocols for Real Time Communications in the Water Industry 22 January 2014
March 26th, 2014
Kindly hosted by Severn Trent Water, and chaired by Laurie Reynolds of Aquamatix, this workshop was attended by 40 delegates and generated some good discussion around data standards and protocols, and indeed whether set protocols can be avoided as long as the right technology is used. We heard about TAUWI and WITS, messaging protocols, ‘Weightless’ technology, the water company perspective, BIM, SWIM, web and geospatial standards and finally about smart analytics and future proofing.