Terms & Conditions:
Please advise of any special dietary requirements at time of booking.Cancellation policy: Refunds can only be made if cancellations are notified at least 5 days in advance of the Workshop date.
Webinar: SWIG/KTN Sensor Sprint
November 24 @ 1:00 pm - 4:00 pm
We will be holding an online Sensor Sprint on 24 Nov in collaboration with the KTN, to address the major issues facing the water industry in the next 5 years:
- Network flooding & water pollution, challenge outlined by Jacqueline Diaz-Nieto, Yorkshire Water
- Achieving net zero carbon emissions, challenge outlined by Richard Bragg, United Utilities
- Leakage & per capita consumption (PCC), James Hargrave, Anglian Water
With the following experts participating in the discussion session:
- Kara Cartwright, Innovate UK
- Arlene Goode, Arup & OFWAT Innovation Team
- Jonathan Abra, KTN
- Andy Nicholls, University of Sheffield
- Mike Strahand, Independent Consultant
The Sensor Sprint will comprise:
- Presentations from water companies outlining these major challenges;
- Short pitches from researchers, sensor developers, and innovators demonstrating the latest global advances in water sensing technology;
- Facilitated workshop using Mural* to map out how the emerging solutions can address the key challenges, and identify critical areas and opportunities for further research and development; and
- An opportunity to form partnerships and develop a roadmap towards new sensing solutions.
*Screenshot of Mural software
We currently have a Call for Pitches on innovative sensing solutions, the deadline is 30 September 2021
This Sensor Sprint is kindly sponsored by ABB.
Thanks to sponsorship by ABB, we are able to offer free registration to SWIG members.
for non members registration is £65 inc VAT
Booking: Please register your interest in attending using our online booking form we will then provide further details.