- Call for training videos for the water sensor community
- Postponed to 2022: SWIG Early Career Innovation Prize
- Call for papers: SWIG webinar on Biosensors, 28 April
- AquaTech interview with Chris Lumb of Southern Water – our keynote speaker on 3 Feb
- Water Sector Membership Organisations to work more closely
Smart Wastewater Networks from Micro to Macro
March 29th, 2017
What does it mean for a wastewater network to be “Smart”? What is the wastewater industry hoping to achieve by going on a “Smart” Journey?
It is a subject that has rattled around the water and wastewater industries for many years and yet most of the focus has been on the potable water network side of the business where the obvious gain is reducing non-revenue water. However in the past few years the value of acting more “intelligently” in the wastewater network…nay the wastewater system has come more to the forefront as the value of taking a similar journey to our potable water colleagues comes to bear.
Oliver Grievson, Flow Compliance & Regulatory Efficiency Manager, Anglian Water explored the future solutions that can be provided – to read the full article please see Water Briefing, 29 March 2017
SWIG held a workshop on Smart Wastewater Networks on 8 March 2017 and which the article is partly based on – attend our events to stay up to date with the latest developments in water sensors and associated technologies!