- Call for papers: SWIG webinar on Biosensors, 28 April
- AquaTech interview with Chris Lumb of Southern Water – our keynote speaker on 3 Feb
- Water Sector Membership Organisations to work more closely
- 2020 Early Career Poster Prize – dates extended to coincide with WWEM 2021
- Finding sense amongst the noise: SiW 2019 write up
Review of EWWM
July 23rd, 2019
SWIG is proud to have supported the European Water & Wastewater Management conference in July, Andrew Chappell reports back:
I attended this conference on July 16th only. It was a large event with four parallel conference sessions and an exhibition space with a number of ‘table top’ stands where food and refreshments were served. The venue was good with comfortable presentation rooms and plenty of space in the exhibition room to look at the stands and discuss latest products.
During the conference many talks focused on control of phosphorous and nitrogen, other themes covered included process control and challenges from AMP7. The fascinating session on the AMP 7 challenges had useful presentations about the effect of new requirements on water companies which seemed to generate a lot of discussions afterwards.
Overall the range of presentations and the time available for networking made this a useful event for anyone interested in wastewater treatment engineering and control systems.
Andrew Chappell, SWIG Chairman