- Monitoring to manage wastewater
- Holes in the bucket – finding leaks in the distribution network
- Call for papers: SWIG workshop on Instrumentation & Asset Management, 28 Sept
- Call for papers: SWIG workshop on on Sensor-driven artificial intelligence for the water industry, 30 Nov 2022
- SWIG launches 2022 ‘Early Career Innovation Prize’ scientific poster competition
Webinar: Communication and protocols for sensors
June 17th, 2021
Increasing the value of the sensor through better communication and protocols
Progress to date on IoT Sensor Technology, Communications and Cloud Analytics within the Utilities Sector.
This event will address the following questions:
- Is the UK’s current IoT infrastructure ready for sensors?
- What is insight vs mission critical data, can we treat them differently?
- What are the latest developments in IoT Sensors with connectivity to cloud technologies and has there been any demonstrable improvement to the data analytics as a result?
- Are the current protocols surrounding the utility sector ensuring that the need for ‘data/faster/for everyone’ is being addressed?
We will hear from a water company on where they are currently positioned with the deployment of IoT sensing and how strategically future adoption may shape their thinking in this space. We will also hear from some vendors at the forefront of driving change with Sensors in the IoT domain and how they have been realising tangible benefits for their clients as a result. We will hear about existing technologies and look forward to new biosensing technologies under development.
Chaired by: Alex Gray, Thames Water
Kindly sponsored by: Wireless Innovation
Programme: Draft agenda
Prices (inc VAT):
Thanks to sponsorship by Wireless Innovation, registration for SWIG members is free of charge,
for non members registration is £65 inc VAT
Booking: Please register your interest in attending using our online booking form we will then provide further details.