Updated: Apr 21
SWIG will be hosting a photography competition at the Sensing in Water 2023 conference: The Data Journey. Shortlisted entries will be on display at the conference at the Nottingham Belfry and will be judged by the SWIG Board of Directors. The winner will be announced and presented with the prize during the gala dinner on 27th September. The focus of the competition will be the use of sensors in the water industry. The requirements are simple: your photograph must include a water sensor in use!
Terms and conditions
1. The competition is open to everyone; however, an entry may be rejected when SWIG, in its reasonable discretion, believes the entry does not conform to the rules and conditions.
2. Entries are limited to not more than 2 images per person.
3. Each image must have a unique title including the name of the photographer.
4. Entries must originate as photographs (pictures made using a camera, in which an image is focused on to light-sensitive material and then made visible and permanent by chemical treatment, or stored digitally).
5. By virtue of submitting an entry, the entrant certifies the work as their own (aliases are not permitted).
6. The entrant permits SWIG to reproduce all or part of the entered material free of charge for publication and/or display in media related SWIG's activities.
7. Entrants who indicate that their images may not be reproduced or used “will not be eligible for awards” and could be subject to disqualification.
8. SWIG assumes no liability of any misuse of copyright. Images may be altered, either electronically or otherwise, by the maker. Artwork or computer graphics created by the entrant may be incorporated provided the photographic content.
9. Photo submissions and queries must be sent to email@example.com.
10. The closing date for entries is 31st July 2023.